Cashier (Part Time)
The Cashier is responsible for obtaining payment for goods by scanning items, itemizing and totaling customer’s purchases. As well as, maintaining general cleanliness throughout the store and in the department. She/he should be providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our customers.
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store and maintain a high level of customer service
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance and cleanliness
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Manager.
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures.
- Assist in the training of others
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
- Handle cash transactions with the customers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Bag, box or wrap packages for customers
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges
- Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands – Standing, walking, reaching, bending, and twisting
- Repetitive Action- Keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools. Scanning items.
- Flexibility: cashier might be asked to work evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- General Math Skills
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
Organic Garage is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
If you are interested in holding the position of Cashier at Organic Garage, please apply to email@example.com